Quinnipiac University will be open on Wednesday, Feb. 13.
Please read the following important information:
- Residential students who have parked in the North Lot must move their cars back to their designated lots by 7 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Some faculty and staff may not be able to come to the university because of street conditions in the communities they live. Faculty who cannot meet their classes are asked to communicate this directly to their students via email and Blackboard. Students are asked to check their email and Blackboard messages regularly.
- Please allocate more time than normal to get to class on time. Please see information on surrounding street conditions below.
- Although our facilities staff has done an extraordinary job clearing snow, parking spaces will be a little tighter. Please use caution entering and exiting spaces.
- Please use caution when walking and driving in parking lots as sight lines are compromised in some areas by snow piles. Facilities will continue to work on improving sight lines during the next several days.
- Shuttle service will begin on a modified schedule at 6:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 13. Please see more information from Public Safety on MyQ.
- Please carpool or use shuttle services whenever possible.
Street conditions as of 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 12
Mount Carmel Campus:
- Whitney Avenue is one lane northbound and one lane southbound in many spots. Students, faculty and staff coming to the campus should expect delays.
- The intersection of Whitney Avenue and Mount Carmel Avenue is clear.
- Ives Road and New Road (between Ives and Clark’s Pond) is not in its normal condition and travel is challenging. Please use the Whitney/Mount Carmel entrance to campus.
- New Road from Mount Carmel Avenue to Clark’s Pond is in good condition.
- Mount Carmel Avenue from Whitney Avenue to the Human Resources office (554 Mount Carmel Ave.) is in good condition.
- Mount Camel Avenue, beyond our Human Resources office, is in poor condition and down to one lane in many places. Please use alternate routes to get to the North Haven Campus.
- The stretch of Hogan Road between Mount Carmel Avenue and the Hogan Road Lot is clear.
North Haven Campus:
- Bradley Street is in good condition.
- Bassett Road is in good condition.
York Hill Campus:
- Sherman Avenue is in good condition.
- The road to the York Hill Campus is in good condition.