QUINN’teresting to you (we hope)… Dean retiring

Dean Kamlet is a former network news producer with broad experience in all aspects of broadcast news  and winner of a DuPont-Columbia Journalism Award and three television news Emmy awards.

Dean Kamlet is a former network news producer with broad experience in all aspects of broadcast news and winner of a DuPont-Columbia Journalism Award and three television news Emmy awards.

School of Communications Dean Lee Kamlet is retiring next summer. Kamlet made that announcement to his faculty late last week saying it was time to spend more time with his family, which includes a new granddaughter. “I am fortunate to be in a position where I can be the master of my own destiny and I want to do that while I am young enough and healthy enough to do so,” Kamlet explained following his announcement.

Kamlet came to the QU School of Communications as Dean in April 2011. The School has seen both growth and expansion under Kamlet’s leadership, to include the start of the QU in LA program and the School’s move to the former law school building, a process that continues under his watchful eye for another several months.

A “strong sense of community” is something that has long been important to the Dean and something he’s hopeful will improve when the School is all under one roof.

Categories: School of Communications, Uncategorized